Tuesday, August 14, 2007

My bike siezed

I am ashamed of myself. I am a mechanical engineer, I am supposed to know how a SI engine works, what is required to keep an engine going. But, last sunday, when I was riding my Honda machine there was a deep little moan, I thought I ran over a chicken, the marathi one, no I did not, it hardly took a few seconds for me to realize that it was my bike and it stopped abruptly near the famous E square. I am supposed to be at the Modern Law college to stcik my ass to a bench for a good 2.5 hours to take the AIMCAT. But I did not, rather I could not, as my bike refused to carry an idiot who thinks that all that is needed for a bike to run is petrol and just petrol.

My otherwise silent bike has been making weird noices of late, if I could call these noices moans, yes, my bike has been moaning of late. I just turned a blind eye to it and attributed it to the bad roads of Pune(if at all Pune has a few) but only now that I realize that those moans are SOS signals asking me for Engine Oil, but I never cared. And around last week, this moaning has become intense and prominent and this tickled my procastination and my bike was almost happy when I took it to a servicing center. But, its happiness ended there!!!! It seems, to have a privilage of your bike being serviced by the servicing center(Pashankar automobiles) you need to take an appointment, a bloody appointment, I have got no option but to take one and I got it for 16th August. That means I need to bear with my bike's moans for a week or so. I decided that I would.
My bike had other ideas, it (might have)thought that I shall be thought a lesson, but before that it started giving me warnings, the moans have started become more and more prominent, and now I just started thinking it is high time I take it to a servicing center and that I cannot wait until the appointment and whence I heard a deep moan, a moan that comes out of a dog run over by a lorry, a moan that comes when an ant is stamped by a shoe, a moan when some one kicks you hard on your ass and when I was trying to comprehend what it was, I realised that my bike stalled and it was not moving, only then did my shit filled brain realized that a bike needs engine oil apart from petrol. But, it was too late, the damge was done.
The road side mechanic made most out of the oppurtunity, and my wallet has become lighter by 1000 bucks and the bike is currently under observation and I am trying to make sure that the cylinder and piston are not damaged, fingers crossed.

No comments: