Thursday, February 14, 2008

Thinking on your feet......

Why do I write blogs? Rather, why do I write and publish them here? This thought provocation was more due to two gooselings, my colleagues, who rather bravely put forth this question. Well, I am to blame for this. Of late, any public/private/general/personal talk with me ends up with a reference to my blogs. My success with boring people to eternity is so great that, people, whenever they are confronted with a trivial frustration, wouldn’t even think once to suggest me- "pappu, blog likhle", there were even more generous people wishing me luck for CAT panel selecting my essays for their RCs. Though there were an occasional anonymi who seem to have serious conflicts with world, as they keep commenting on my blogs, thus encouraging me to write more mind boggling posts, with each post itching readers cerebrum to the most irritable extent .Having said that, I do not hesitate to attribute the loss of my bike's front right indicator, the scratches on my bike's tank and my inflated mobile bill to my irated readers who succumbed to my advertisements of asking people to read my blogs.

But this shall not deter me, because at age of 11, I promised a pair of raging bulls, who seem to have found a soft target in me, that I will endorse their shit if they spare me, they did. And here I am, the man of words, endorsing bullshit. Do you need a better reason to blog?

But, people, bull-shitting is not that bad at all. When you go incomprehensible describing your feelings, when your manager seems to be asking for too much, when your girl friend is getting too smart with you, when there are lots of smart asses around you trying to out smart you the only weapon you have is bull shitting. Bull shitting is not an art; it is an instinct, a response to the stimuli called incomprehension. It is like a PMT bus when there are no auto rickshaws; when you have to invent something to meet your necessities, when sense becomes your enemy, when resources are sparse; bull shitting becomes your good old buddy on whose shoulder you can rest your head upon.

Once you understand what bull shitting is, you can easily talk about any thing and everything on the face of the earth ranging from, how meditation helps you improving your sex life to how American politicians influenced Raj Thackeray to make those inciting comments. Basically, bull-shitting is nothing but thinking on your feet, when your brain refuses to work. Though very few people have the inborn talent to bull-shit naturally, it, like many other arts, can be imbibed with a little practice.

I think you got my answer, I would have told, I like to write that is why I wrote, but....you know what I am good at.

P.S: I will offer, at free of cost, classes on bull-shitting. Mail me with your details. Remember I am looking.

3 comments:

Dharani said...

May the only time u were not bullshitting!!

Anonymous said...

non sense...

Unknown said...

man i did not read the complete post but i m offended...now if u r a smartass that u think u r try guessing what offended me???