Tuesday, January 1, 2008

A happy new year........

It has been just 12 hours that I bid good bye to an old year and now, I am here, back to my normal self, indulging myself in my favorite pass time or shall I call it my full time job?

Me like billion others would like to clear the dust of the old year, leave back the bad times and bank on the good ones and move forward. Now let me put my cynicism in the back seat and talk a few good things.


New is always exciting, it brings in you a fresh energy, a hope that things would be different from the old, a hope that fosters on change, a hope that everything changes and nothing is permanent, a hope to see more beautiful things that the life has in bag for us, a hope that we can see more colors of everything and a hope to hope for more.

The concept of a new year always excites me, right from the days where we used to help our elders in those colorful rangolis shouting aloud HAPPY NEW YEAR, to those midnight parties in the hostel with your best buddies banging your head to your favorite rock song, to those solace celebrations where you have all the time for yourself, indulging with yourself with your music system shouting out at its maximum, your favorite song. But whatsoever, I still relish my college days where new year was a great occasion, the way we used to go on for shopping for buying gifts and cards for our loved ones, the we used to eagerly wait for the first morning to give away the gifts and cards to the loved ones and waiting to see how they respond to the message we had written.
I seriously do not know how to conclude this, I do not have anything more to write as I am completely taken over by another idea for my new blog. All I want to say is that hope is not bad bad, in fact hope is one of the good things and no good thing ever dies. Saying so and hoping for the best, I wish every one a very happy new year.

No comments: