Tuesday, January 22, 2008

MTV Roadies

I have always been an ardent follower of the reality show MTV Roadies. Considering the kind of Biker I am, I virtually used to put myself in the Roadies there, and used to think what would I do, if I were to be there. And believe me, I used to just love the show, notwithstanding the iota of doubt about the genuinity of the show on a few occassions, which has integrated itself indefinitely into a full fledged doubt.

Roadies 5.0's auditons have started recently and I happened to watch the Chandigarh and Delhi auditions. I was in for a rude shock, if not anything else. Nikhil's and Raghu's values seemed to have become radioactive and they are disintegrating with half life of 3 dog days. These two have choicest things to call about the contestant's mother, siblings (you know what I mean!). A few of the contestants who came there acted in such way that their behaviour deviated by infinity from that of an average humanoid's.

Attention seeking syndrome has itself got into an attention seeking syndrome when a few of the girls who claimed that they are mentally ill (if they knew it why dont they just consult a psychiartist, instead of coming to the show?) and that they do anything to seek attention. MTV should understand that their channel is watched by all age groups and this unecessary portrayal of psychic disorder will have an ill impact on the adoloscents watching the show. The delibarate use of the F word has put many a Martin Scorcese's films to shame and the irony is that these movies are certified as suitable for certain audience only, unlike MTV which airs the show at a prime time and shamelessly beaming the message, asking the viewers to visit their website for uncensored version! Ridiculous and sad.


All in all, the show is no more a reality. The contestants are not seeming any real. These people are bunch of useless scumbags, just acting their way off cheating us. As such, there is nothing called reality TV. It is bogus to make money for sponsorers. And to me all those ardent followers of reality TV look like chicken reared for butchering. And, now you think, should we still be wasting our time watching these shows?

2 comments:

Vikky said...

Didn't know you were worried abt teenagers man. Nice to know :)
Well yeah...I used to watch it regularly earlier too. This time they've certainly gone a lil over the top. But lets see. Im still hoping it'll turn out interesting. Bcoz these ppl can act like psychos for a day, but have to reveal their true self over the course of the show. N to top it all we have a strange mix this time, from Haryanvi guys to St. Stephen girls. Potpourri, you would say, eh?

unicorn said...

Yeah dude,

I seriously hope things change for good.

And, to be frank I am still optimistic about the show and hope I get to see some good stuff unlike the auditions.