Thursday, January 17, 2008

The other me........

Enough is enough, or is it not enough?


How many times, when you plucked the innermost strings of your heart, did you encounter the questions which you never wanted to answer, answers which you never wanted to accept, thoughts that were never expressed, and dreams that were sleeping eternally?

How many times, when you felt like looking back at the way you just walked through, and when you did, all you saw was a big deep trench, or rather a bridge under fire catching up with you faster than you could ever run?

How many times did you feel like shouting at your top of the lungs, LIFE SUCKS?

And when this happens, you introspect, you put yourself under microscope and so did I. I tried to rediscover myself like lion licking on its wounds. And when I did, I found that I am no less than a magnet which has two poles. And the two poles for me are- Pain and Pride (?). And I act no less than a magnet too. The emotions that come out of my pain are streamlined by my pride and vice-versa. But what I am not able to find out is the cause and effect relationship between these two; is my pain causing the pride in me or is it the pride causing the pain in me, whatsoever it is, of late, my pride has been forced to work overtime to streamline the wreck caused by my pain.

My pain craved for insignificant appreciation, my pride shooed that off. My pain wanted a pat on my back, my pride laughed at me. My pain looked for someone/something to blame for my failures, my pride choked. And when my pain shouted that it needed success, my pride listened.

Success is something that which allures a fancy lot. It is either success, or lack of it that drives the mankind. It provokes you, instigates you, frustrates you, makes you introspect and the final result lies there. When you introspect you will find out that; who you are was always your choice, irrespective of the path set, because you chose to follow the path, right or wrong, suitable or unsuitable, rational or irrational, you at your bottom most layer of your heart know that the choice of what you are going to be was unforgivably yours. And when you realize this, you tend to change everything that was you, your dreams will be erased and new dreams in accordance to the traveling salesman problem are formed, marooned by the failures, you tend to get into the available option and when you do this, my friend, you are a failure; one among million others who think exactly like you.

Success does not come out of talent; nothing is more common than unsuccessful talent. It does not come out of genius either, unrecognized genius is a almost a proverb and if you think it comes out of education, the world is full of educated delirious people. There is only one thing that is omnipotent in the world of success-Perseverance; and believe me, luck is girl friend of perseverance.

Dream, persevere, achieve.


This is my promise to myself, I hope I could and I hope I taste success.

No comments: