Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Oh my god! Love marriage????(1)

Today:

Pehli nazar main …… Atif Aslam started singing from the bottom of Prem’s ……… errrrr………mobile. He answered.

P: Hello?

Caller: Mr. Prem your appointment letter is ready, we have couriered the same to you, hope you received it.

P: Yeah I did, I am not really happy with 8.5% hike, can you make it 9%?

C: Come on Mr. Prem we have already increased it from 8.25% to 8.5%, we can’t increase it anymore, you are too greedy.

P: You call me greedy??

C: Oh no. That was meant for the person sitting beside me, don’t you worry and one more thing our cab will come and pick you up tomorrow sharp 8 am, is that fine with you?

P: Oh why not, that’s fine with me, thank you, and bye.

Prem is on cloud number nine. He has negotiated successfully into a much sought after change, he changed his company and from tomorrow it’s all new, a new place, new people and new responsibilities. And apart from all these things, some thing is going to be proved, some thing that has been bothering him for years together. He couldn’t wait; he scrolled onto his contacts and called Joy baba, his mentor.

P: jai Joy baba.

JB: Hey dude, wassup.

P: Baba, as you have suggested, I have changed my job, are you sure this change would help me realize the truth I sought.

JB: Hey mate, doncha worry man, Duh!, jus believe me, eh!

P: Jai Joy baba.

The time was 1030 hrs, that day Prem drank his break fast, drank his lunch and gulped his dinner and slipped into his bed. Tomorrow would be a great day for him. He is going to understand the most basic fact of life tomorrow.

A few months ago:

The train was moving through a remote village in Maharashtra, green paddy fields, sugar cane fields, blue skies and fresh breeze striking the your face through the window, refreshing. But for him, it was just a piece of earth put to use by men, his heart is raging with a strange feeling, he closed is fist and hit the railing that crossed across the window, a sharp noise and the railing now looked more like a speed breaker ahead symbol.

This weird act caught the attention of a gentleman sitting; he immediately got into a conversation.

GM: hey, what’s wrong with you?

He: Nothing just disturbed.

GM: Oh, strained relationship?

He: Is that so easy for you? I broke up with 9.5 girls till now.

GM: 9.5?

He: The last to last one was not she, I mean I was not sure if she was she or …. You know?

GM: But 9 is a good number, why are you worried?

He: Worried???? I miss girl friends more often than Laxman misses place in the team. I always wanted to have a love marriage…….

Hearing this GM roared, laughing loud and fell on the floor. Our hero could not understand what went wrong, unless our GM started speaking.

Dude, marriage itself is a big mistake and you want a love marriage??

He: But, what’s wrong, I guess that’s in thing now.

GM: That’s for girls, not you.

The next one hour was spent discussing the cons of marriage and more cons of love marriage, there were no pros. And finally…

GM: My name is Baba, Joy Baba.

He: I am Prem, just Prem. (Prem’s parents had a love marriage and fought about whose surname should their son carry, but no one could win and hence Prem remained just Prem). So you mean to say, you will make me understand how boring combination love and marriage would be for a guy in a few months?

GM: This is my number, keep in touch.

Since, that day, Joy Baba has become mentor for Just Prem.

Tomorrow:

to be continued..........



No comments: